Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tripod Shopping

As usual it gets very dangerous when I am on holidays and at home as far as spending goes. I get these projects in my head and then I go on the hunt.

Today I decided to go tripod shopping and I am hoping that I got a fairly good bargain.

After a long scout which took me to 2 Paxtons, 2 JB HIFIs, Ted's Photographics, 2 Dick Smiths and others I ended up going to Harvey Norman. Now usually I stay away from Harvey as I think their prices are over inflated and then they give you 30 years interest free, but today I was pleasantly surprised.

After many of the pro shops telling me that there is no way I could get a Manfrotto Tripod (recommended by S&M) under AUD $300 ($200 for the legs and at least $100 for a basic head) I had almost given up.

Back at Harvey Norman I was able to get the following:
Manfrotto 190XDB legs
Manfrotto 484RC2 head
Manfrotto 790B Monopod

for the grand total of ..................................................................................................................................$175.

P.S. Just Checked B&H for prices, US$272.55 (includes Shipping) :)

2 comments:

  1. Bargain. Looks like a nice small head too. Our old Manfrotto head is a 468. Hefty mutha. The Manfrotto tripod I'm using now, M's old one, is the 190Pro. So you have got a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. I think the main difference between this one and the pro is the macro feature. Everything else looks similar. Plus I thought that if I wanted to change the head I could do that later on.

    ReplyDelete